Pond5 is the world’s largest, most vibrant video-first content marketplace, providing filmmakers, creators, and producers of all kinds with the content and tools they need to complete their projects. If you’re an Email Marketing manager who is passionate about helping others tell stories, share knowledge, and inspire audiences, read on.
Pond5 is on the lookout for a creative, resourceful, and collaborative talent to join our Customer Lifecycle team. You’ll be focused on accelerating customer acquisition and retention through the email channel. You will bring a rigorous, data-driven approach to the development and optimization of campaign and triggered emails.
This role reports to the Director of the Customer Lifecycle team and is based in New York, where we are operating in a hybrid environment with voluntary in-person attendance. We are also open to highly qualified applicants from other locations.
- Bring a rigorous and data-driven approach to developing and optimizing campaign and triggered emails
- Execute a comprehensive email strategy that engages new buyers and improves retention
- Develop - and continuously optimize - automated email campaigns that are triggered by high-intent actions along the customer journey (for example: the Abandoned Cart series)
- Engage our community - the buyers and sellers in our marketplace - with relevant information for example: success stories, promotional offers, and new features
- Work with our creative resources to develop compelling - both in terms of substance and visuals - email campaigns
- Build out and schedule all email templates in Sailthru
- Provide transparency to key stakeholders around the progress of specific projects through effective written and verbal updates
- Analyze and report on email KPIs including deliverability, open rates, click rates, conversion rates, and opt-out rate with a focus on driving improvements to support our business goals
- Ensure all emails comply with current best practices, opt-in laws, and guidelines to ensure compliance with CAN-SPAM, GDPR and CCPA regulations
- 3-5+ years experience in email marketing, ideally with an early-stage technology company
- Deep understanding of marketing funnels and how to drive incremental growth at each stage, with specific emphasis on email
- Data-driven approach to decision making
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate findings into actionable insights
- Strong writing skills and are comfortable copyediting
- Resourceful and tenacious with impeccable attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills - you can persuade stakeholders and decision-makers to support your recommended course of action and can give and receive feedback openly
- Sense of ownership and pride in your department’s performance and its impact on the company's success
- A great collaborator, works well across teams and roles
- Proficiency in using an ESP (such as Sailthru, Hubspot, Braze, or Mailchimp) to create, schedule, and analyze email performance
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS, proficiency with Excel required
- Preferred: Proficiency with SQL and Google Analytics, experience with Outreach, experience with Salesforce a plus
Pond5 is the world’s largest, most vibrant video-first content marketplace, providing filmmakers, creators, and producers of all kinds with the content, inspiration, and tools they need to improve their projects. As the only content marketplace that meaningfully shares licensing revenue with its contributing artists, Pond5 is driven by a commitment to its passionate and growing global community of more than 100,000 professional visual and audio creators, providing a platform where their creative work can flourish, and helping them to make a sustainable living. With groundbreaking features like visual search for video and integrations into all major video-editing software, Pond5 is innovating daily, making it easier to find and use the content that creatives need to bring their vision to life. Pond5 is a venture-backed company funded by Accel Partners and Stripes Group with offices in New York, Dublin, Prague, and London.