Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for analysts and data scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from finance to operations, marketing to engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
About the team
The Mode marketing team is a diverse, enthusiastic, and collaborative team that champions analysts—and analytical decision-making—to build a uniquely positioned brand within the business intelligence and analytics space.
Product Marketing at Mode is responsible for:
- Customer and market insights to drive product messaging, positioning, and go-to-market strategies
- Product launches that demonstrate the outstanding value of Mode to new and existing customers
- Building foundational product marketing programs, such as competitive intelligence, pricing, market research, and more that will enable our organization to scale and drive impact in critical audience segments
What You'll Do
- Plan and manage disruptive and complex product launches that drive business impact in our target customer segments
- Own pricing & packaging strategy across the organization, including running a pricing council, conducting research, framing strategic considerations, creating potential solutions, collaborating with senior executives, incorporating industry learnings and driving towards decisions
- Become an expert on our competitive landscape and how that informs our positioning and product strategy
- Work directly with our product teams to influence roadmap priorities and definition
- Propose and scope core product marketing efforts, including market segment research and validation, messaging, go-to-market strategy, and storytelling
- Define and communicate value propositions that differentiate Mode, winning the hearts and minds of analysts, stakeholders and their organizations
- Develop programs to drive strong feedback loops with the product, sales, and customer success teams, and use these insights to craft compelling messaging, materials, and customer communications
- Develop key strategic partnerships with leaders across product and go-to-market teams to demonstrate the value of product marketing
- Conduct research to build out customer personas, segmentation, and develop content tailored to customers throughout their lifecycle, to increase feature usage and grow customer organizations
- Work with partners to develop effective co-marketing strategies that demonstrate the power of tools that integrate with Mode
- Measure results across efforts and find creative ways to maintain momentum and engagement after launches
What We Look For
- Success in building deep, cross-functional relationships and driving alignment across teams
- Compelling in-person, virtual, and written communication capabilities
- Experience working with commercial teams
- The ability to make decisions and recommendations based on your deep knowledge of the customer
- Demonstrated ability to scope and manage multiple strategic projects to drive the business forward
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute, and measure marketing initiatives that drive technical audiences to realize product value and take action.
- Domain knowledge of B2B SaaS, analytics solutions and/or developer tools
- Experience in the data analytics industry a plus
- Background in market validation, packaging, and alliance marketing.
- Interest in people management, mentoring, coaching and development experience. Direct people management experience a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL, Python, R, and/or APIs is a plus.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The compensation range for this role is $160,000-$180,000 to be determined by level.