Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Measure and report SEO performance on a regular cadence with digital marketing teams
- Manage the day-to-day tactical execution of SEO strategy
- Develop a well-defined SEO content roadmap that identifies opportunities and encourages cross-departmental partnership to meet content goals
- Lead QA testing of all IT fixes, relevant releases, and enhancements pertaining to search engine optimization efforts
- Liaise with Senior Manager and SEO colleagues to promote SEO strategies and tactics internally for buy-in and approval to earn IT support
- Accountable for monitoring and providing feedback on site launches, updates to pages, structure, etc.
- Empower internal/external stakeholders to ensure that content development and new opportunities for growth are in line with SEO best practices
- Measure key SEO metrics, industry trends; report on these, ensure transparency, maintenance, and updates to best practices accordingly
- Influence team members, larger organization to streamline workflows, brainstorm process improvements
- Lead scalable solutions that will automate and reduce manual efforts in the longer term without compromising SEO quality standards
- Maintain accessible documentation on project timelines, best practices, technical requirements, etc.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of eCommerce SEO experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience)
- 5+ years of experience leading teams or managing vendors
- Finds joy in a good puzzle, can completely nerd out thinking of exciting implementations in the long-term but can clearly map out the short-term to build the foundation for those goals
- Powerful sense of initiative in identifying opportunities or issues, surfacing these for transparency, and proposing solutions in alignment with customer needs and business goals
- Passionate about open communication with diverse people across all levels of the organization and tech or non-tech roles; ability to get ideas across in a clear, concise, and courteous manner while tailoring to specific audiences when needed
- Talented at building relationships with internal stakeholders by offering help, and brainstorming opportunities for improvement
- Exceptional presentation skills, with a focus on dialogue, encouraging teams to ask questions, and inspiring partnership to drive innovative solutions
- Excellent ability to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities such as projects, stay on track, and achieve goals
- Has a good amount of curiosity, a strong sense of teamwork, and an overall positive attitude—willing to learn more about other teams and how to better illustrate the value of SEO for their benefit
- ROI-focused and holds a solid grasp on how the business works including key business drivers, important company strategies, competition, and financial data impacting the department/organization
- A track record of increasing traffic, rankings, revenue by setting up standards for better stability long-term, while maintaining an ability to monitor, adapt, and grow with SEO updates as needed
- Strong analytical skills for website performance and ability to outline areas of opportunities from an SEO perspective
- Experienced in creating standard operational procedures, track, and streamline routine or repeatable tasks to achieve goals, and monitoring progress, maintaining momentum, and ensuring timely completion of larger project plans
- Well-versed in making strategic business decisions that support financial targets including budgeting
This opportunity is remote for candidates living within a 60-mile radius commute from our Corporate Office located in Westlake Village, CA.
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com opens an email client application.