Mento is a career tech company. We’re on a mission to provide people access to the best career advice in the world, and empower them take action on it. In a world where jobs and careers are rapidly changing, we're equipping people with the coaching and community to build and maintain meaningful careers that actually work for them. We are on a mission to make caring for ourselves in our work and our careers not only essential but celebrated through coaching, community, and a digital platform.
We strive to create a fun, conscientiousness, collaborative, and supportive work environment, and are looking for several team members to join us! We are a remote-first company based in the US and Europe with over $5.5M raised from leading VCs and angel investors.
About The Role
We’re looking for our first full-time marketing hire to bring our Career Tech Platform to market and architect our growth and marketing engine across the full funnel. You'll lead our continued growth and expansion to help millions of people build healthier, happier careers. You’ll work closely with the entire team, reporting directly to our Co-Founder & Co-CEO working across all our growth initiatives ⏤ from driving user growth, building and optimizing our acquisition and onboarding funnel to driving user engagement. This is a unique opportunity to grow a product that can truly help people (we spend 1/3 of our lives at work!), and join a fast-paced team with significant opportunities for career advancement.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of innovating and scaling DTC & app businesses, building high-performing growth teams, optimizing the funnel experience and delivering personalized user experiences. You have a strong understanding of both the performance and brand sides of marketing as well as the technical aspects of data analysis and digital marketing. We want a teammate who is curious, creative, kind and brilliant, and who will challenge us at every turn — leveraging out of the box tactics to get results.
- Take ownership over the full marketing cycle: from top of funnel to acquisition to onboarding, retention and loyalty, you will be responsible for the end-to-end process required to grow the Mento platform.
- Set the marketing and GTM strategy and strike a balance between longer-term strategic brand building activities, mid-term lead generation and nurturing, as well as quick wins to achieve growth & ROI target. You love to think high-level, but are can execute in the trenches on the growth & performance side.
- Create and Implement Strategic Marketing Campaigns: you will be responsible for growth and budget allocation across all channels: paid, email, social, content, PR, SEO, and partner marketing. You should be equally excited about setting about the digital marketing and growth engine as you are about leveraging the latest social trends to drive growth.
- Set-up an Experimentation/Innovation Engine: Build out the structure and lead rapid experimentation and iteration to drive growth. You should love to experiment and innovate with scrappy growth hacking. Use data and analytics for decision making and measuring marketing effectiveness. Have a scrappy, can-do attitude to growth.
- Be a Strategic Thought Partner + Leader on path from 0-1: This role provides a unique opportunity for leadership and partnership with the founding team. We are highly collaborative, and you will be leading voice in driving strategic growth.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for someone who’s entrepreneurial and willing to roll up their sleeves to get the work done, and passionate about our mission to build a career support platform that empowers people to achieve happier, healthier, and more fulfilling careers.
- You have experience with growing an early stage startup environment and driving product market fit.
- You have strong experience in Growth Hacking, Demand Generation, Loyalty/Retention, Social Media/Viral Marketing, and managing tactics across the full customer funnel from acquisition to retention. In-depth knowledge and expertise in data, analytics, CRM, paid media, social, affiliate, email/SMS, apps, and more.
- You have experience in both B2C and B2B marketing, and are willing to wear both hats.
- You have good knowledge of Campaign Management Tools and Analytics Tools (eg. MixPanel, Firebase, Adjust, Google Analytics, HubSpot, etc.).
- You dream BIG, want to make an impact, are results driven, and are not afraid to set aggressive goals.
- You get excited about contributing new ideas, designing novel solutions, and experimenting in pursuit of building a product that users love and transform how people navigate their jobs and careers.
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work — but you also understand that speed matters at our stage.
- You are comfortable in an unstructured environment and navigating ambiguity!
- You’re curious, strategic, and entrepreneurial. You love learning new things, exploring new platforms, and taking calculated risks.
- You understand there are glorious and non-glorious aspects to getting the job done!