We’re hiring a Head of Growth Marketing to grow traffic, leads and help with conversions.
Pickup Music is growing our team! We’re hiring a Head of Growth Marketing to grow traffic, leads and help with conversions.
Compensation range: $100,000 - $120,000 per year.
Pickup Music provides online guitar lessons from some of the best players on the planet. With 15,000 members worldwide, we are the market leader for intermediate and advanced guitarists.
Pickup Music is also one of the largest and most engaged online communities of musicians, with over 1 million followers across the @pickupmusic, @pickupjazz and @pickupbeats pages on Instagram.
We are an independent, fully bootstrapped company that is growing and profitable. This gives us the freedom to be creative, move quickly and - with your help - choose our own growth pathway.
Do you love growth marketing and music? Combine these two passions to help take Pickup Music to the next level as its Head of Growth Marketing.
You will be responsible for setting the strategic vision for our brand, developing marketing roadmaps, executing campaigns to our target audiences, evaluating, and tracking performance, and leading the marketing team as it grows.
- Work with a wildly talented team of music lovers
- Freedom to be creative, make mistakes and lead our growth journey
- Opportunity to take a young company to the next level
What you’ll do
Reporting directly to the CEO, Sam Blakelock, you will create the marketing strategies for growth and lead the execution individually and with outside resources. If you’re driven, creative and full of initiative, you’ll absolutely love working with us.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining and refining our marketing and growth strategy — including acquisition, activation and retention opportunities
- Managing organic channels
- Managing paid acquisition channels
- Conversion rate optimization
- Ownership of marketing automation and email marketing
- Manage and expand our referral and affiliate marketing programs
- Identifying growth opportunities across marketing and product
- Monitoring ROI of marketing campaigns and activities, including creating and managing dashboards and reports
- Working closely with our product, learning, engineering, and customer success teams to support related marketing needs
- Building out the marketing team through hiring and managing consultants
Our ideal candidate
If you’re someone who has excellent full stack marketing skills and a track record of getting stuff done, then you’re perfect for this role.
- You've successfully led a B2C marketing or growth team, preferably at a SaaS or subscription-based company.
- You have worked at a company that scaled from $1 million to $10 million in revenue during your tenure as a lead marketer.
- You take pride in applying a rigorous, analytical, and data-informed approach to building out marketing strategies.
- Excellent creative skills suited for B2C marketing.
- Excellent analytic skills for measuring and optimizing effective funnels.
- Reliable and deliver quality work and on time.
- Not necessary but will have to learn: Intercom and Webflow.
- Work from anywhere or in our LA studio
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 1 week paid sick leave per year
- Healthcare, dental and vision
$100,000 - $120,000 per year