Practicum is a family of digital re-skilling products. We help people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and build a sustainable career in the tech industry.
We are building a mass B2 C brand for people who want to learn a new profession efficiently and enjoyably. By matching our learning process to actual work, we help bridge skill gaps, reduce career transition stress, and accelerate adaptation to new roles.
Our bootcamp graduates have landed dream jobs at places like Tesla, Accenture, Nielsen, and Microsoft. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum, and we need your unique expertise to keep our company competitive and innovative.
In the Role
We’re looking for an innovative and data-driven growth professional with broad experience in people management. This role will report directly to the CMO and enjoy a high degree of autonomy in managing the growth department (2-3 teams with designated team leaders, approximately 20 team members overall).
This position will be responsible for the overall acquisition of new customers across multiple channels and working with the CMO to build brand awareness within the EdTech community.
- Own and execute the growth strategy
- Oversee full-funnel growth, from customer acquisition to conversion
- Own growth P&L responsibilities, taking responsibility for hitting growth and product goals, managing the budget, and accurately forecasting
- Drive traction by identifying key growth drivers for the business as well as opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Manage the personal growth and development of the team leads (growth and sales teams)
- Oversee and proof needs and opportunities for expanding/strengthening the team
- Experience working across developed and highly competitive B2C markets (EdTech, lifestyle, fitness, gaming)
- Experience with problem-solving, strategy, execution, and ability to scale across a variety of teams
- Experience managing a sales department (indirectly)
- Hands-on experience with direct revenue channels and new customer growth analytics
- Extensive experience driving growth by utilizing a data-driven approach
- Experience in direct management and mentoring of a large team comprised of senior-level product and marketing professionals
- Strong leadership experience: an experienced manager who is able to attract, grow, and develop large, high-performing teams
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in an international distributed team
- Currently responsible for driving growth for high-value B2C products with extended customer buying cycles
- Remote, full-time work, candidates in the Eastern Time Zone preferred to facilitate collaboration with international colleagues
- An international team who loves what they do
- 15 business days of paid vacation per year
- 13 observed holidays, including Juneteenth, Indigenous Peoples Day, and Veterans Day
- 100% company-paid monthly medical premiums for employees and their families with a wide variety of medical/dental/vision plans to choose from
- Company and industry growth in a product and category that is expanding quickly and needs an innovative EdTech market leader