Founded by veteran business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and Director of Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, Dr. Michael Snyder, January AI is the first “precision health” company that combines continuous glucose monitoring along with heart rate, sleep, activity and food tracking, to enable you to see the impact of your diet and exercise on your body in real-time.
We help you understand your personal metabolic health, i.e. how your body metabolizes food, and make simple changes to avoid serious health issues down the road. The need for this has never been greater: 1 in 3 adults in the US are now pre-diabetic, and 80% are not even aware of it. January’s app and continuous glucose monitor gives you immediate insights on your diet and blood sugar levels, and provides personalized recommendations on how to adjust your diet and activity to improve your overall metabolic wellbeing. We help you build better habits in just 30 days.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of understanding your body and doing just a little better than yesterday.
January AI is backed by Marc Benioff (CEO and founder of Salesforce), Jerry Yang (founder of Yahoo), and Steve Chen (founder of YouTube), among others.
Recent coverage: STAT, TechCrunch, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and VentureBeat.
As the Chief Marketing Officer, you will be at the epicenter for building the January AI brand and digital growth by designing and executing a marketing strategy from 0 to 1 (with a focus on execution). This is a critical role, owning brand strategy and execution, and will build a “Center of Excellence” (COE) to drive revenue expansion while leading January AI’s digital initiatives and launching new products (both physical and apps). As the CMO you will help develop January’s overall brand strategy, including vision, positioning, brand essence, business model, core strategies, long-term objectives, marketing campaigns, and most importantly, blitzscaling growth. The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter who thrives in entrepreneurial environments.
As the CMO for January AI you will be responsible for leading our marketing and digital growth capabilities and building the team from the ground up. This role is leading a team with expectations of hypergrowth as new products are released. You report directly to the CEO and are a key thought partner and member of the Senior Leadership team. A successful leader in this role defines, promotes, and executes on an expansive digital marketing and E-Commerce vision and strategy. The position leads the foundational brand work and the development of the overall E-Commerce and Digital strategy for January AI and its product portfolio, successfully driving elevated levels of customer acquisition, engagement, loyalty, net promoter score (NPS), and referral/virality.
- Executing and owning January AI’s full funnel initiatives from top of the funnel such as community building and influencer marketing to bottom of the funnel
- Developing, nurturing, and expanding connections to the customer through user-centric Digital experiences
- Launching January AI portfolio brands towards E-commerce and Digital channels, including Amazon and DTC (direct e-commerce)
- Ownership of a Consolidated P&L for all E-commerce and Digital channels, with direct-line reporting from channel-owners across January AI. This includes a focus on increasing total Revenue, as well as % of Revenue derived, from Digital and E-Commerce channels across the portfolio
- Optimizing total E-Commerce, Digital, and marketing spend and media strategy
- Building a Data Analytics capability that establishes a “Single Source of Truth” (SSOT) across January AI brand portfolio
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own end-to-end marketing initiatives, from identifying strategic opportunities to planning and execution, with support from cross-functional team members
- Create G2M strategies and execute on them for new consumer internet products that will be released into the January brand portfolio
- Lead all branding and creative work and ensure messaging (and brand tone of voice) is consistent across all marketing channels including social media, website, paid media, emails, and influencer campaigns
- Develop and lead customer acquisition strategy and execute conversion across key marketing channels, optimizing key business metrics
- Lead teams to produce polished and engaging externally-facing content, including for social media, website, blog posts, product announcements, newsletters, emails, webinars, conferences, influencer campaigns and more
- Ensure website is optimized for campaigns and initiatives
- Measure, test and optimize performance marketing initiatives and funnel to ensure efficient marketing spend
- Manage, recruit, and develop a world-class team to deliver on budget and target.
- Own a Consolidated E-Commerce P&L across the January AI portfolio, with direct-line reporting from channel owners
- Design and execute a full-funnel strategy across all marketing and e-commerce platforms:
-Acquisition: Manage digital media buying across all advertising channels to efficiently scale customer acquisition and optimize CAC
-Retention: Create increasingly personalized connections to customers/consumers through “direct experiences” that build loyalty over time, as measured by engagement, retention, and NPS
-Growth: Create a “test and learn” framework, and execute an experimentation roadmap that optimizes for acquisition, retention, loyalty, and referral
-OmniChannel: Minimize channel conflicts, and harmonize price, promotion, and merchandising strategy across the customer experience
-Analytics: Build a “single source of truth” for data and analytics across January AI that provides cohesive governance for measuring, testing, and reporting on business performance
- Serve as an internal beacon of change and thought leader within January AI, advocating and promoting progressive and sticky marketing practices through inspiring influence, engagement and storytelling:
-Design world-class Growth-Marketing and Growth-Product strategies with investment capital allocated by the digital channel and market segment
-Quickly evaluate and re-organize the functional team, if needed, to improve team and functional capability
-Become deeply competent in the consumer experience, journey, and retention, loyalty, and referral. Deeply understands best practices for the Omni-Channel consumer journey online/offline, and opportunities to deliver customer-value that drives top- and bottom- line growth
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including Content, Product, Design, Growth, and User Research, to develop our acquisition efforts across paid, owned, and earned channels
- Own definition of KPIs and measurement for marketing efforts across all channels
- Develop relationships with key marketing vendors (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Agencies, etc)
- Demonstrated experience leading a Marketing or Digital function within a B2C startup or tech company, owning a P&L as well as designing a vision and strategy that increased consumer engagement and demand in a consumer business.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in B2C Digital Marketing/brand work (in house or agency) or E-Commerce. Pure-play B2C experience is a plus
- Highly analytical and data-driven with the ability to derive data and translate product, science and data insights into unique marketing content and make informed actionable plans
- Amazing storyteller with the ability to weave data and science into interesting narratives while establishing tone and voice for a brand
- Experience in high growth consumer brands
- Demonstrated track record of leading creative content for marketing channels that drive growth and building successful marketing initiatives from scratch
- Highly entrepreneurial and has built successful marketing initiatives from scratch across social media, community and branding through data
- Robust understanding of a full-funnel Growth and marketing strategy, across Growth Marketing and Growth Product. This includes a deep understanding of TOFU strategies [social media/influencer marketing, paid acquisition (search +display)] and B/MOFU strategies (A/B and multivariate testing, conversion rate optimization)
- Experience designing and measuring media and audience-based tests in a variety of channels, as well as experience building media-mix models (MMM) and conducting inference-based lift studies
- Experience mentoring and training marketers
- Passion for consumer Internet and digital health required, with experience in digital health preferred
- Experience with marketing physical goods on some kind of subscription
- Excellent project management and documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and the capability to influence a diverse range of individuals
- M.B.A. strongly preferred
We'd love to hear from you!
January is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our HQ office is located in sunny and beautiful downtown Menlo Park, CA, walking distance to Caltrain and local cafes and restaurants.
Local or West coast-based candidates preferred.
Benefits and Perks of working Full-time at January include: Competitive salary and equity packages; 401k with corporate matching; Health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance; Commuter benefits.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.